Subject: RE: AMAL + plotting
From: "PRL6A::UKRBAKE"@prl.philips.co.uk ([email-masked])
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1993 10:32:47 GMT

on 9-sep-1993 Tjark wrote:

>Am I the only one for whom AMAL works?

Not at all! I use AMAL plenty, even though it is not very flexible, it is still 
useful for moving lots of objects at once.  I have an amal routine that bounces 
balls (or other bobs / sprites) around the screen. It works well, and is still 
flexible.

Also, I don't think that the 16 program limit is too bad.. after all, you only 
have to stick a SYNCHRO command in your main loop, it's not too difficult, is 
it?

AMAL is also useful because you can remove such mundane tasks as jostick reading 
from your main program, and also do a fair ammount of collision detection with 
it (but not detecting zones.  Damn!)  I think that AMAL is the only part of Amos 
wich runs at a tolerable speed, and it's the only thing which stops me from 
buying Blitz Basic or a cheapo C compiler.......

Come on, what else do you lot use amal for?  And does anyone use to to control 
addresses.. you know, that bit in the manual where it says you can assign an 
amal channel to a memory address, does anyone have a use for that?

Enough waffling, I should get some work done......
Mark

PS.  Can you get a discount off Amos Pro if you have the original... like 
sending off the front page of the manual as proof, or something.. anyone?